Low Cost Spay/Neuter
The mobile RASCAL unit provides low-cost spaying, neutering and vaccination services. These services are provided at our new shelter location at 825 Thornwood Drive in Heath. Participants must pre-register and prepay in full (check or cash) to hold a spot. Clinics accommodate fifty feline surgeries or thirty canine surgeries. Once a clinic is full registration begins for the following clinic. Please note there is a $25 LCHS administrative fee per animal for all appointments in addition to the RASCAL Clinic prices.
- Any appointment, once made and paid for, CANNOT be changed or refunded. If the owner cancels, is a “no show” or cannot catch the animal, etc, your fees WILL NOT BE REFUNDED.
- Cats must be in a carrier. If there are multiple cats they must be in their own carrier.
- Drop off for surgeries is between 8:30a.m.-9:30 a.m.
- All animals will be picked up the same day. Please pick up your pet within one (1) hour of the pick up call.
- If you fail to pick up at the end of the day your pet will be boarded at the Licking County Humane Society at a cost of $50.00 per day.
- All dogs/cats MUST be up to date on rabies vaccinations. If your dog/cat is current you must leave proof of current rabies vaccination with your pet. Tags will not be accepted. Otherwise, your dog/cat will receive the vaccine at a cost of $7.00 per year.
- If your dog/cat has previously received a vaccination and is due, you may be able to receive a 3 year vaccination with proof of rabies (i.e. certificate), tags are not accepted.
- Please plan on additional time at drop off to complete further medical information on your pet.
- There will be restrictions for your dog/cat for up to 7 days.
- If a pet is found to be spayed after sedation, there will be a $15 fee.
- Pregnant dogs & cats will be charged $5 extra
- Additional monies may be due the day of apointment for weight adjustment, if your female is in heat or pregnant or if you choose to have additional services performed.
- Must provide written proof of a current Rabies by a licensed vet or purchase one for $7
- Please bring felines in a labeled carrier & provide a crate for your canine if possible.
- No food after midnight the night before surgery (water is okay).
- Services will be completed at: The Licking County Humane Society – 825 Thornwood Dr. Heath, OH 43056 (side door)